Sigh Autism Moms please help

So i just fed my son dinner (4 year old) told him to potty ( he threw a tantrum as always) and when i put him to bed he's now in his room kicking and beating on the walls , its bedtime for him and his little sister (1 year old) and he woke her up now she's screaming in terror ...They have school tommorow , i tried timeout but nothing is working and might i add when dad is here he goes to the potty with no tantrum and the same with everything else but when dads away from home his behavior is the worse

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can't put him to bed without calming him down. He's probably screwed up by the change in routine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I know it is hard, but same time, same place, same words, etc. It will get better!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• mine is 5.5 and it is better than last year
    still hard
    but when it is hard
    i remember what it was like one year ago

agree with butterfly- change in routine is killer
    how about a book that records with dads voice when dad is gone, or a phone call 15 minutes before getting in bed
    something to have dad home when he is not
    ?
    all i got

it does get better
    that does not help you now
    but again, i got nothing else, but a virtual hug
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Maybe you need to "assist" dad when he does it so that when he's not around he'll accept you doing it. just a thought...HUGS
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Do you use picture schedules? That always helped my son - I wasn't telling him what to do, it's just the next picture on his schedule

Answer by missanc at 10:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Can he lie down with you until he calms down? Maybe fall asleep with you and then you can move him later. I can't stand to hear kids cry like that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2013