I have a question about blonde hair...Anyone good at this stuff? lol.

I've been a brunnete for years. I'm quite tired of it. I would like to try something new.
I've had this fantasy of becoming a blonde for a long time now. But my boyfriend says that jet black eyebrows don't go good with blonde hair, and its unatural looking. Ive never noticed that until my boyfriend pointed it out to me. HA.

Do you guys think blonde will go okay with jet black eyebrows? Or stay a brunnete?
I have dark features like Kim Kardashian for example. But I noticed, when they go blodnde, they look like they dye their eyebrows lighter or something. And I'm not doing that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• How about highlight instead?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Are highlights still in style? I feel like thats so years ago. Lol. I could be wrong.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would definitely tell you NOT to go all over blonde. I tried that and I was horrified.... and I'm not even that dark naturally. Blonde highlights are the way to go. I also have to tell you that they are extremely difficult to take care of because if you're like me, they keep wanting to go brassy or yellowy... I HATE that look. I constantly have to use a blonde shampoo to keep them blonde..... You also have to remember roots. No one looks good with brown roots coming through.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would start with highlights, like butterfly suggested. If you like that, maybe go for a dark blond next and see how you like it. I wouldn't go super light, even with the highlights, until you see how you like the lighter color.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• If you're not willing to go to a professional and get the brows done, just stay a brunette. It looks really tacky when the brows are black and the hair is blonde. Regardless you would need to see a professional before lightening your hair that much.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Go to a professional and get the eyebrows lightened as well. You don't have to go completely blonde with them but lighten them to at least a lighter brown'
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Highlights are always in fashion,if done right

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• why won't you dye your eyebrows?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• ironic! ive been thinking about going blonde too. i just went to this website http://www.ivillage.com/virtual-makeover# (should be clicky cause im in full editor, weird) and i kinda got to see how i'd look as a blonde. i think im still too scared to do it though lol

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Bleach blond highlights are out, but caramely blond, or golden blond, depending on the color of your hair. And if you go in to the stylist she can lighten your brows for you. I am a natural blond and I have blond eyebrows so I have to put a little brow powder on mine so it even looks like I have brows! When I went auburn my stylist dyed my brows to match.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2013