2nd pregnancy concerns

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have been over thinking this pregnancy because this time around im considered "high risk" do to a genetic blood disorder that was discovered after my first child was born. Well i have a couple of questions that my doctors assure me im fine but would love another moms opinion... 1. Currently i have an awful deep cough that i caught from my daughter that caught it from her cousin. I take medicine only when i feel is absolutely necessary ( i know its safe but still dont like the chance of it ) my question is what are some natural ways to kick this cough?
2. With my first child i felt her moving at 16 weeks. this pregnancy i havnt felt a thing yet. Doctors say this is normal and might not happen until 19 weeks but still worries me.

Help? I know im over thinking alot of this but i dont know many other moms that i can ask. Thank you for your time.

amyt1988

Asked by amyt1988 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Stress is not good for you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• yeah i know however easier said then done
    amyt1988

Comment by amyt1988 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• If you don't mind my asking, what blood disorder do you have? I had to be on Heparin shots because of mine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• dont mind at all. i have factor V leiden.... im on lovenox injections and will be switching to heparin closer to my due date.
    amyt1988

Comment by amyt1988 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I couldn't tolerate Lovenox so I had to be on Heparin the whole time. I have MTHFR. I don't see people come here often with similar experiences, so I had to ask. I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. You can try a decaf tea with honey for the cough, and a cool mist humidifier. That can help a lot. I'm sorry but I don't have any advice about the movement. I have heard of women who don't feel anything until 20+ weeks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• i dont know anyone who has had to be on injections as well while pregnant so nice to hear im not the only one =) thank you for the advice!
    amyt1988

Comment by amyt1988 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• All I can help with is the movement :). You were very lucky to feel movement as early as 16 weeks the first time. That's unusual. Most only feel it around 19-20 weeks. Hope this reassured you a bit!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Depending on where your placenta is located, you might NOT feel your baby move until much later on. (Placenta for me was in the front, so I didn't feel baby move until 24 weeks).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2013