Going back to school, I need help.

OK so, I need help big time. So Ive decided to go back to school to get my associates degree. But I really don't know what I would like to do. All I know is that I enjoy doing clerical work. Right now I work in a bank, and although I love the customer interaction, I don't think I want to deal with finances or work with money period. I was thinking about going for Medical Office Administration but then I saw Office Administration. Although they are very similar I would like to know which one has the most opportunities.

ymilr0718

Asked by ymilr0718 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in

• I personally would probably go for the medical office assistance only because I went back to school for healthcare and it's just a wide field. But like the first person that answered said call places and ask some questions and do some research online also. Good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• You might also speak with the counselors at the school you have in mind. Beware of any who don't give you straight answers. Ask for percentages of students in each field who find jobs after graduation, average salaries of those jobs, and how long it takes for students to get work once they finish their degrees.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would call a few hiring managers at companies including the hospital, a real estate agency etc. and let them know that you are interested in getting into that field. Ask to see if they would meet with you so that you can ask them a few questions or if they would be able to answer your questions through email or on the phone. Ask them which degree they would prefer. What type of previous background/experience they require, language skills, etc? Follow up with a thank you note for their time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013