Just now Starting to TTC

Hi, I have 2 daughters 4 (2/27) and 2 (will be 3 8/26) and I have the implanon that will be coming out next Tuesday. With my daughters I just happened to get pregnant. But since then, I have had an ectopic pregnancy and had one tube removed. So I am not sure how trying (really for the first time) will go. I was just wanting some advice on how everything goes. As far as how do you figure out the ovulation days and all that? Also has anyone had trouble or success with only one tube? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• I have only one working tube because the other is blocked, probably from an infected ovarian cyst. I conceived easily once, then lost that baby and was unable to get pregnant again for the next eight years. Then I got my daughter by surprise, when trying was the last thing on my mind. Supposedly, you ovulate from one ovary the first month, the other the next. So it may take you longer to conceive, since there will be no way for egg and sperm to meet half the time. Still, the odds are about 45 percent that you'll get pregnant within a year. Be patient. It might help to lie with the side that still has the working tube down tward the mattress after intercourse so if you are ovulating on that side, gravity will channel more sperm in the right direction. That was suggested to me by a gynecologist; I have no idea if it made any difference or not. Get a home ovulation test kit to help with timing, then relax. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I use babycenter.com to calculate my ovulation days and it gives you like an estimated 5 days that you are probably most fertile and we have sex every day or every other day for 1 week before the frist estimated ovulation date and 4 days after the last estimated ovulation date as everyones body is different so i try to make sure im covered... so basically if you start your period on a sun - start having sex the sunday after and keep having sex every day or every other day till the sunday before your next period!! :) Good Luck!!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 10:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2013