How many school pictures are they going to take?

This past Oct. my kids school took their individual pictures and of course I bought them, now here we are in Feb. and they are going to take the spring individual pictures.
and a group picture. When I was in school we only took one individual picture for the year.
Why so many pictures we don't change that much with in the year, I know I don't have to buy them but I think it is a waste.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• when i was in school they only took one for each year.,probally trying to find ways to make money
    Anonymous

•  Our school does only one set per yr...  when I was growing up I remember a couple of times a yr, but my mother only did the first time (she had 5 in school then)  if you can not offord it.. I would not worry about it... maybe get the class pic.. or you could join the PTA group and suggest that they do it all once a yr... just an idea...  but I would not purchase more than one time a yr for school didn't do it with my dd's and won't do it with my gs whom I am raising...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Most schools do 2 sets now.
    The fall pix are for the yearbook and are the traditional "buy a package before you see it."
    Spring pix usually have flexible settings you can choose from, and you get to see the pix before you choose to buy.
    I have three kids in school, and on a teacher's salary, I can't always buy both.
    I've also decided this year not to buy the class pictures anymore.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 8:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We get it 2 times where I am. It's annoying because its so darn expensive. I hope I'm not talking it up but they haven't sent out the 2nd package yet so perhaps they won't do it this year. Hate paying for the pics.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ours are expensive. At school picture time I took ours to Sears for the $5 package - which had more pictures than the school's $40 one!
    Anonymous

• At my school, they take pictures in the fall that are for the yearbook. We do a whole class picture in the spring and do another set of individual pictures then too. The spring pictures are usually full body shots instead of just a head shot.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 3:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My kids school does fall (for the year book) and spring pictures. I bought both last year because their fall pictures were awful but the spring ones (which we got to preview before purchasing) were really cute. Not sure if I will do both this year since their fall pictures turned out good.

When I was in school we only did one picture a year except in 8th grade (we also did graduation pictures).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Ugh! I totally can relate! Our's do the 3 also and it sucks! The day that they sent home info for the class pic they also sent home info for a book fair, and a dollar donation for books for the library, and a field trip that we had to send in $8 for, and a reminder for the yearbooks! I am just blown away by all the stuff that we have to send in money for. Plus, they want us to do fundraisers on top of all that! And, they collect box tops 4 education and Campbell's soup labels! Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox, I'm glad somebody else is as annoyed as I am!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The school makes money on these. When the kid's preschool bumped up to twice a year, the parents complained and the school dropped it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Pictures have become so much cheaper (digital photography, etc.), so why does LifeTouch charge more than ever?
    I'm taking my kids to Sears for pictures and skipping the Spring ones this year.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009