Teething and sleep schedule...

My DD is 8 months old, teething, and waking up 2-3 times a night. I think the waking during the night is due to the teething. This is her 3rd tooth, and there seems to be a correlation between the 2. Did any of your children experience this while teething? Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to bother her any other time.

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 8:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, both of my kids were super cranky when they were teething. All I could do was have teethers on hand for them to gnaw on. They both HATED them if they were at all cold, but would go to town on them if they were room temperature.

With all the changes in medicating babies and young children, I don't know if it's available any more, but if you can get some infant Tylenol it may help her sleep.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Pretty normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Normal.. Try baby orajel if you are comfortable with it. Just do not use more than recommended. That seemed to help. Sometimes cold teethers do help more as it naturally nubs the gums, but can feel cold on the hands too, so be careful. Otherwise, try to do other things that soothe your baby. Rock, play, give lots of stimulating chew toys, baby chew biscuits that cannot be chunked off are really good too. My kids are out grown, but they used to make a really good one,it was brown and messy, but kids always loved it..
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 11:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• baby orajel has had a recall due to a chemical in it that can cause death in children. u used teething tablets for my son, and he slept great thru the night! just put a couple under the tough before you put the baby down for bed and your golden:) its all natural and non harmful.
    destiney18

Answer by destiney18 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• My son is currently teething and I have been giving him cold teething rings, baby orajel, baby tylenol, and making sure he is completly and as well taken care of as he can be and if he does not stop crying I just swaddle him and then if that does not work I put him in his swing and in the other room ans he is usually out pretty soon when I do that.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2013