FINALLY GOT APPROVED!!!

Yay!! I called the insurance agency this morning and I got approved for insurance. Now, hopefully I will still be able to have the surgery. The only thing is I will have to wait until after the first for it to be active.

Now I have to figure out how to go about getting the info to the specialist so I can change the appointment. Hopefully they will still let me do it.

Do they require the entire deductible down at time of surgery?? How does that work?? That always confuses me.

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Health

• i believe the hospital has a monthly payment plan - our local hospital has like a minimum of $40 a month or something like that - good luck & Congrats
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 10:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Oh I am so glad to hear that! Make a couple of calls and I'm sure you can sort the deductible thing out. Best of luck! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Most doctors and hospitals call your insurance company and they'll know ahead of time - how much the insurance pays and how much you'll owe. They will expect some payment before doing the surgery.
    Most insurance companies start their deductible Jan 1st each year.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I don't know about the deductible, but YIPPEEEE! So happy you got approved.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• No idea on the deductible thing either, but congrats on getting insured :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Not really sure how will work for you but in my case I get bill after I leave the hospital. Some let you make payment plans. good luck with your surgery
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Thanks so much ladies!! I am excited and scared at the same time. Seems like each day my eyes are getting worse. I don't know if it's just me stressing or what. Can't wait to have it done and be able to move forward. Hoping that it improves it some!! fingers crossed!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2013