How to know if your husband really cares after you leave him in one day?

I left my husband after a big falling out yesterday. I only took some clothes for about 4/5 days he said he didn't care about me leaving and bye. I'm really missing him and want to go back home,but I want to make him miss and want me to come home.

kia1956

Asked by kia1956 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Have you two had a fight like this before where you walk out?
    I think if you want him, you need to stop playing games and go home. If you wait for him to come to you, you might wait a long time. What if he is sitting at home thinking the same exact thing as you? So what happens? Neither of you ever gives in first, you end up miserable, divorce, make a potential big mistake for the est of your life? Quit the games and go home.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• How about you both stop acting like children,and meet somewhere to talk?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• You put your big girl panties on and go home. Talk to him & work it out.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Make sure that whatever started the fight is actually dealt with and resolved rather than sweeping it under the rug. Sounds like there is a lack of communication and I would suggest counseling to learn how to communicate and solve disagreements without fighting/walking out.

Answer by missanc at 11:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Trying to make your husband miss you is a bad idea. It won't solve anything. Maybe he will miss you; maybe he won't. Maybe he'll act on it if he does; maybe he won't. Either go home and try to work things out or get serious about leaving. If you walked out to be dramatic or make a point, don't do it again. Counseling might help. Figure out what is bringing your relationship to the brink of ending before it's too late.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• go home with a little something to show that you love him

you will know by his reaction to your show of affection for him if he feels the same

men are stubborn and do not show emotion well- waiting it out bad idea

show him how much you are and really reach out to him- look for signs that he feels the same

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• What was the fight about? Are you sure you were right and he was wrong?

This sounds like game playing to me, or you wouldn't be trying to make him miss you. Either he does, or he doesn't, but you won't know that if you stay away just to make him chase after you.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• You both need to get couples therapy. There is a right way to disagree. This seems really childish.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I would take cassie's advice to heart if I were you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• My suggestion: do the opposite of your impulse. Which means, be open & vulnerable. Just be open about how you are feeling & what you are thinking. There's a connection between vulnerability (in the sense of openness about your honest feelings) & strength. This kind of strength doesn't mean you won't feel pain or get hurt, but it means you are strong enough to tolerate actual intimacy.
    "I have been feeling regret, missing you, and wanting to come home. But I have been feeling like holding out, hoping that YOU will miss ME and want me to come home. I've felt so hurt & also uncertain about how things stand between us, and it felt like it would be safer to hold back and have the 'upper hand' that way."

That is the kind of open honesty I am talking about. Intimacy.

There is no guarantee for "outcome" but the chances for meaningful connection, growth, honesty & trust are highest if you take this route. I highly recommend it.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2013