What casserole can I make with ground turkey?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 11:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• ^^awesome ideas above and I would add:

Brown the ground turkey with some finely chopped onions then add a little tomato sauce to the pan of meat.
    Put a layer of the meat in a baking pan add a little lite alfredo sauce cover, add a layer of no boil noodles and repeat adding grated mozzarella to next layers until just below top of pan. Cover last layer of noodles with some of the plain tomato sauce and mozzarella. Yum, creamy turkey lasagna!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Anything that would otherwise call for ground beef

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I would make a shepard's pie. Cook the ground turkey, mix with a bag of frozen peas and carrots, a jar of beef gravy, stick that in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes followed by shredded cheddar, and bake til melty.

You could also make baked ziti - pasta mixed with the meat, a jar of marinara sauce, and a container of ricotta. Stick that in your casserole dish and top with mozzarella. Bake til melty.

The best casseroles end with the word 'melty'.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• My favorite dish to make with ground turkey:

Mix the turkey with a box of dry stuffing and form into patties. Put a bit of chicken or beef broth in an 8-inch square pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake the patties till no pink juices run out when you poke them with a fork. Serve with mashed potatoes.

I guess that's not a true casserole, but it's yummy. Otherwise, you can put ground turkey in any dishthat calls for ground beef. I usually add a dab of extra liquid because turkey can be drier than beef.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I love this recipe and you could so do it with turkey too! Good luck and happy eating :)
    EASY) SALISBURY STEAK
    1 lb. ground beef
    1/3 c. dry bread crumbs
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1 egg
    1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed beef broth
    1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems & pieces, drained
    2 tbsp. cold water
    2 tsp. cornstarch
    Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Shape into 4 oval patties, each about 3/4 inches thick. Cook patties in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until brown, about 10 minutes; drain. Add onions, broth and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer until beef is done, about 10 minutes. Remove patties; keep warm. Heat onion mixture to boiling. Mix water and cornstarch; stir into onion mixture. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Serve over patties with rice.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 3:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2013