Are you superstitious?

I remember when I was little my grandmother would say when ever you see a small moth and it is flying around in your home it means "money coming your way" I have always believed it and it is true I guess you have to really believe.

Also if you have a big fat fly flying around you are going to recieve company from out of town. True too.

There are so many myths that I find interesting because they come true for me.
Do you have any old beliefs that you would like to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well my mom always told me about the broken mirror means someone is going to die. and every time there is one someone does die.we are very careful with mirrors.also the black cat that crosses your path and something will go wrong. they have come true for me anyway.i avoid them now.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 6:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've always been told that death comes in threes. It's happened more times than not so i guess i believe that one.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh I heard all the good ones.

My mom also used to tell me that you should never say never cuz then it will happen.

Like my sis use to say "Ill NEVER be like my mom." or " Ill NEVER do that to my kids" and she sure is and does! LOL
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My mother thought it was bad luck to open an umbrella inside the house. or to rock a rocking chair with no one in it.

I've heard if your nose itches you'll kiss a stranger. If your palm itches you get money.

Answer by Bmat at 6:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• When your nose itches someone is talking about you.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 6:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Naw, I never believed in any of that.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I believe some of the ones i've heard, not all of them though. I also have a book about superstitions. My mom has told me if a bird hits your window in your house a family member will die, I believe this.
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've always heard that a sudden ringing or buzzing in your ear means someone is talking about you... left ear they're saying good things, right ear they're saying bad things. I always think of my ex-husband when my right ear suddenly starts ringing...lol
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2009