Do you give out 2 different sets of valentines day cards & b'day gift bags? One for girls & a different one for boys? Or all the same?

DD wants Hello Kitty for her valentines and bd theme. I just did a bd for DS and had to buy both girl and boy toys for the gift bags. Since it was only 2 girls at the party I only needed to by a few girl theme items for the bday gift bag. But for DD kindergarten class there's like 12 of each. I mentioned the b'day gift bags because her birthday is on the Feb 16th and I'd like to order everything now if I can. Thanks so much

Asked by Danni143 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Holidays

• I always buy the same thing for everyone. I don't see any reason to get two different gift bags, just get gender neutral things like bubbles, stuff that all kids like. As for V-Day cards, whichever ones D wants to get and send that's what I get. I don't get two different sets for those either.

Answer by kmath at 12:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I did all the same when I was a kid. This year will be the first year we do it with my son and he will give out all the same. Not buying 2 freaking boxes. Plus, I think girls care less about getting "boy" cards than boys care about getting "girl" cards.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I send in all the same. Too many kids for the Teacher to take the time to seperate & hand out. This way if they open them in class everyone has the same thing. No upsets or tantrums.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I just sent one. The boys gave boy cards, my daughter gave girlie cards. It's not like anyone looks at those things once they get home.

Answer by mompam at 12:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Whatever dd wants to do for v-day is fine. Boys won't care what is on the valentine, I'm sure. As for b-day, I did have more neutral toys and some girlie rings and wands I added to the girls bags. I put double extra ones of the neutral toys in the boys bags.

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• We just send in the one type of valentine cards, but my kids like to get the kinds with some type of candy (nerds boxes, lollipops, etc.). For bday, I did separate bags only when the stuff going in them was going to be very gender specific, but usually they were the same.

Answer by missanc at 1:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I let him pick out his valentines and the kids get what they get. In this day & age of "gender neutrality" why SHOULD I buy different ones for the boys and the girls?

Answer by hootie826 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I personally never do gift bags.
    This is my 12 yr old last yr with giving out Valentine cards and he always picked his own out.
    Since we have only a boy, his bdays are all boys so we don't have a problem....

Answer by gmasboy at 5:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Thanks everyone for the responses.

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• No. I give 'em all the same thing: nothing.

Answer by UpYours969 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2013