Do you give out 2 different sets of valentines day cards & b'day gift bags? One for girls & a different one for boys? Or all the same?

DD wants Hello Kitty for her valentines and bd theme. I just did a bd for DS and had to buy both girl and boy toys for the gift bags. Since it was only 2 girls at the party I only needed to by a few girl theme items for the bday gift bag. But for DD kindergarten class there's like 12 of each. I mentioned the b'day gift bags because her birthday is on the Feb 16th and I'd like to order everything now if I can. Thanks so much

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Holidays

• I always buy the same thing for everyone. I don't see any reason to get two different gift bags, just get gender neutral things like bubbles, stuff that all kids like. As for V-Day cards, whichever ones D wants to get and send that's what I get. I don't get two different sets for those either.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I did all the same when I was a kid. This year will be the first year we do it with my son and he will give out all the same. Not buying 2 freaking boxes. Plus, I think girls care less about getting "boy" cards than boys care about getting "girl" cards.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I send in all the same. Too many kids for the Teacher to take the time to seperate & hand out. This way if they open them in class everyone has the same thing. No upsets or tantrums.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I just sent one. The boys gave boy cards, my daughter gave girlie cards. It's not like anyone looks at those things once they get home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Whatever dd wants to do for v-day is fine. Boys won't care what is on the valentine, I'm sure. As for b-day, I did have more neutral toys and some girlie rings and wands I added to the girls bags. I put double extra ones of the neutral toys in the boys bags.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• We just send in the one type of valentine cards, but my kids like to get the kinds with some type of candy (nerds boxes, lollipops, etc.). For bday, I did separate bags only when the stuff going in them was going to be very gender specific, but usually they were the same.

Answer by missanc at 1:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I let him pick out his valentines and the kids get what they get. In this day & age of "gender neutrality" why SHOULD I buy different ones for the boys and the girls?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I personally never do gift bags.
    This is my 12 yr old last yr with giving out Valentine cards and he always picked his own out.
    Since we have only a boy, his bdays are all boys so we don't have a problem....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Thanks everyone for the responses.
    Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2013

• No. I give 'em all the same thing: nothing.
    UpYours969

Answer by UpYours969 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2013