Is there a vacuum cleaner that can withstand me?

I have been thru 6 vacuum cleaners in 3 years. I really do nt know what it is that I am doing wrong to make them break so frequently. I have a indoor dog hat slightly sheds, but I vacuum at least 3 times a week. I have tried the pricey and the more affordable and am still having issues. I have gone with 4 brands and can not seem to keep one working. We have replaced belts, filters and taken themapart to clean out the "clogs". What's the best vacuum you have found?

brandim

Asked by brandim at 6:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A Kirby Sentria this is a good vacuum but it comes with so many attachments and very expensive  or A Riccar....they are both pricey but I like and have  the "Riccar" it works wonders they both vacuum some how under the carpet beside just the top of carpet. You will be surprised on how much dust and dead skin there is. YUK! I highly recommend these. GLsweeping

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i love my oreck. its sturdy and does a very decent job on the floors and on the rugs
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 9:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I love my animal Dyson, very expensive but wouldn't trade it for anything. you could also call your local vac dealer or vac fixers and ask them what would be the best for your situation
    determind

Answer by determind at 5:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• by the way I have a Husky and she sheds A LOT, I had the same prob with vac getting clogged and since I bought the dyson on Mothers Day last year I have had not 1 problem with it!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 5:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I also have a Dyson "Animal" I love it. I have two cats that shed horribly! I've had my Dyson almost 2 years and it's perfect! I've never needed to have anything repaired, just had to take it apart to clean really well every few months.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I love my bissell cause I can tae it apart without a screwdriver or anything to unclog it. LOL major selling point with me!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would say Orek. BUT, I bought one that was a TS on QVC that was pink as a portion went to the cure for cancer. This was my second sweeper purchase from Orek. I totally love Orek but this one the belt keeps breaking and replacing belts is breaking me! I am so upset about this because Orek was always my favorite.
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 4:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Dyson! They're worth every penny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I also have the Dyson Absolute Animal vacuum and love it. It is a little more expensive than a lot of others, but it also comes with a full 5- year warranty, so assuming you aren't causing the problem through misuse, you'd be covered under Dyson for any problems that occurred during the 5 year warranty period. That was what helped me make my final decision on the Dyson--a few years ago, we purchased a $250 vacuum that had a 1 year warranty. The thing tore up after 14 months so we were totally out of luck. The Dyson animal model has a strong beater bar to really get up pet hair. We have 4 indoor cats and I have been very impressed with its performance.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Oreck!!!! Last forever and they do a great job...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009