Silly question.. When baking, move to cooling rack...?

Any time I bake cookies it always says to move cookies off pan onto a cooling rack to cool..
But when I try to do this, the cookies are still to mooshy to move, even when well baked & just fall apart.
So what gives?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Give them a minute or two on the sheet and then move them. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Let them cool a few minutes then move. I always pull mine out before the time because they finish cooking of the sheet.also I don't use a rack all the time, I have a huge serving tray I just put them on that.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I have found that when I bake cookies it is best to put them on parchment paper. they are so easy to move off because I just slide the paper off the pan and there ya have it. I got tired of buying new pans all the time because I can never afford the expensive ones... lol using the papers seems to make them cook more evenly. Or it seemed that way to me anyway.

The way I do it is line two pans and then have a 3rd peice so I can spoon them out ahead of time too.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Unless the recipe gives specific instructions, I usually pull them out of the oven, let them cool for 2-3 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack. I think I give cupcakes about 15 minutes, but that's because usually the instructions say to. cake I often just leave in the pan, even when it's frosted (I usually do a 13x9 pan), so I don't worry about moving it.

Also, if you want to what what goofygal suggests, but don't have parchment paper, aluminum foil usually works well for me - just put the shiny side down.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I use reynold's nonstick aluminum foil or wax paper if I run out.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 4:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• 5 minutes on the tray then transfer to rack
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2013