So what are we more afraid of?

That someone will come into our child's school with a gun and intently kill our children? Or that a random act of violence may occur and our children be caught in the middle of it? Because SO many more stories about school, movie theater, mall, shootings yet a good majority of them have been random acts of violence between certain people that occur at these places, not people who go there arms with guns with the intention of killing everyone there. And they happened every day, in every state. Do you "ban guns now" people realize that these same people will still be armed if guns were banned? Just as these same people carry drugs that have been banned? These people do not order their guns off the internet or buy them in stores any more than they buy their narcotics there. So what are you more worried about? A psycopath with a machine gun in your childs school? Or your child in the path of a cold-hearted thug on the street with nobody to save the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• A serious question deserves a well thought out answer, not jokes about other things to be afraid of. *Eye rolling.*

Both of those scenarios scare me a lot, actually, as does the one about drunks driving their cars. It's amazing how much more frightening the world feels now that I've had a child. There are so many awful, random tragedies that could happen. I try not to think about it too much because I know I could become way too protective of my daughter, which would be just as bad as anything else that might befall her, maybe worse. I don't know what the answer is, but I really don't think gun control will solve either of the problems mentioned by the OP.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Nether, I'm deathly afraid of standard poodles though.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

And talk radio fans...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Spiders. I'm more afraid of spiders.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I second spiders. And Keanu Reeves horrible acting. I'm afraid of both of those.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Criminals are going to have guns whether they are banned or not. I am going to be an armed citizen to protect myself. I'm more afraid of the drunks behind the wheel of a car.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 4:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Oh and text speak. I'm afraid of text speak (So much in facts it makes me want to hit people).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I am more afraid of the constant scolding of adults here on cafemom today LMAP
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

I'm sorry I didn't know our purpose was to give you the answers you wanted to hear and revolve around your wishes and whims. My, how will I ever rectify this problem when I can't find a flying f%&* to give. Heck I can't even find a regular one to give.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Note to self- PM all possible answers to Ballad to determine whether they meet her criteria of "acceptable answers" before posting on an open public forum. After all she is the shining example of morality and proper courses of action and we should all live by her example.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2013