STHM to a working mommy

I am scared but more than ready I have been a stah mom for 8 years and I am just about done with my degree online and I am at the point where my husband can not pull the work load on his own. Today I applied for two different jobs, but with in the same company. It is a state job and when I called and talked to a guy to find out how long their application process takes he told me to not give up it is worth it to get my foot in the door and he told me to apply for all open jobs even if I think I might not be able to get it to help show the people that I am determined!

HOw long should I wait before calling to check on my app?

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 5:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• I'd call once a week until you get an interview or told otherwise. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Good luck! Once a week sounds reasonable.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I don't think calling is a good idea if this is a state job. As the jobs come in they are reviewed, past to a recruiter and then passed to the hiring manager. When you call human resources all they can tell you is that it has been sent to the hiring mgr.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2013