Is there anything you missed or very liked during your pregnency/delivery/parenting?

i wish i had worked on trying to select the gender of my child. special diet/ position / cute girly clothes... i have 2 boys. still considering 3rd child though... anything special about your pregnency? thanks

kujus04

Asked by kujus04 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• I liked being pregnant, the attention, the 'special' food sometimes, the cute maternity clothes, and the um...interesting sex (lol especially when I felt HUGE but was still horny). I'm done having kids though and will not ever be pregnant again and that makes me kinda sad :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• only that i got to eat any weird combo of foods i wanted and finally didnt have ppl staring at me like i was crazy. other than that i hated being pregnant.

i miss that new baby smell and holding those tiny little fingers...DS is almost 2, so im starting to get the "i need a new baby" pangs.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I miss the parenting stage where you put them somewhere and they stay put and fall asleep!! Lol
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I was glad when it was over, the pregnancy and birth!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I had to have an emergancy c-section. So I missed out on having a normal birth. We only had the one and I dont think well have any more kids.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I had just started my "research" on male/female sperm when I got pregnant. I had planned to track my ovulation and attempt to time it right so I could have a girl but I got pregnant before I could even track my first period. I'm just too fertile. So now I have 2 boys and I don't think we are trying again, so there goes my pink frills. Now I have to wait 20+ years for a granddaughter or hope one of my brothers gives me a niece.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I loved being pregnant. I waited a very long time before I was blessed with a baby, and I enjoyed every minute of the experience. Well okay, I could have done without the 24/7 puking for the first four months, but once that was over, the rest was awesome. If I was stuck in a long line or having a stupid argument with someone, I'd just think to myself that there was a precious new human being inside me, growing and developing in that moment, and I was wowed. I even got all happy over the big belly days. The C-section wasn't fun, but when they laid my daughter on my chest, it was the most magical second of my life. Holding her as a newborn, the baby smell, nursing her as best I could, hearin her learn to talk, now all the stuff she's learning like letters and numbers and kindness and climbing higher at the park than she did last year--it's just out of this world. I deeply want to have another one; we'll se.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2013