Baby shower

What are the rules in having a baby shower? Wanting to have one for my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• What do you mean by rules? I know some people think it's tacky to have one for second child, I don't agree with that though, I think every child should be celebrated, some people have a sprinkle, as they have most things they need, you can even request no presents if you don't want any and just get together and celebrate, not sure if that's what you meant by rules.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I mean can I throw her a shower,or does she do this? What do people do at baby showers?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• lol- you're question can be construed two ways. at first i thought you meant you are pregnant with a girl and you want to have a baby shower, as a pregnant woman.

but in your response it's clear that your daughter is pregnant and you want to throw her a shower, correct?

well typically other people throw showers for the mom to be. invite all of her favorite people, google baby shower games/activities.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• *your question
    tnm786

• Oh ok, normally a family member or a friend or someone close throws one for you, normally it's before baby arrives, 4-6 weeks before, sometimes after, mine was after as I ended up having my daughter 5 weeks early. Normally you plague a few baby shower games ( I hate games, but a couple of the baby shower ones are pretty funny) and you pretty much eat and open presents, it just like a party, you can have it anyway you want it really.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Ugh sorry this tablet, play not plague
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• My cousin had a baby shower that was really awesome. Justa celebration of her child, really, but she didn't want gifts. So she requested that everyone bring something for "someone else's sweet pea" since "sweet pea" was the shower theme, and then everything was donated to a local organization for homeless families.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Generally the mom does not throw it for herself. Other than that I do not know of any. You can BTW have more than one shower if different people are coming and it is hosted by a different person.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Other than the pregnant woman throwing it herself - I don't think there are any. Just have fun. Light snacks, drinks, fun games & people can bring gifts.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Etiquette rules? Aside from what has been mentioned about hosting, you are not supposed to mention gifts. However, the current trend is to include registry information on the invitation, and gifts are assumed. You'll want to have small "thank-you" favors for the guests, and offer them some delicious reasons to enjoy themselves. Games are optional and depend on the crowd preference. Many hosts provide thank you notes matching the invitation to the mom-to-be so that she can fulfill the other etiquette rule: hand written thank you notes sent in the mail.
    juniper107

Answer by juniper107 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013