A bladder question

my baby has been breached forever and will not flip. lately my bladder has been killing me. (not like an infection. i have been tested already for a bladder infection). my question is can my bladder get bruised from my baby kicking it so much?

ohdear1989

Asked by ohdear1989 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• My aunt had her baby kick her so hard that the baby broke her rib. It sounds reasonable that an active baby could beat up your bladder...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Have you asked your doc. this question? It seems to me it could, but I can't tell you if this is what is causing the pain.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• As the baby grows (breach or not) more and more pressure will be added to organs that lie on the ventral sde (front) of the body. Such as teh BLADDER. So it is normal to feel discomfort, especially as the bladder fills with urine (which is why pregnant women have to pee so much. The pressure prevents the bladder from expanding as much and thus it must be relieved more often). But no it will not likely  "bruise" your bladder.So unless you're peeing blood the baby is probably just comfortably sitting on your bladder.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• awesome thanks
    ohdear1989

Comment by ohdear1989 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Talk to your doctor!
    825photog

Answer by 825photog at 2:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2013