Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what milk formula should i buy to replace my 18th mth old boy's current milk as he is throwing up

Answer Question

Asked by adam2811 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Call his pediatrician. At 18th months I doubt that's a milk allergy- more likely a stomach bug!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • What are you giving him? He doesn't need formula anymore at eighteen months unless there's a specific reason for him to still be drinking it. You can give him cow's milk or soy milk by now.

    Answer by Ballad at 2:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • What is he currently drinking? Is this a new reaction?

    Answer by missanc at 5:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • What has his doctor suggested? I would start there.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • No more Formula now only Whole Milk!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • I agree that it's likely a stomach bug. You would stop ALL dairy, and give him pedialyte, popsicles, juice (watered down 1/2 & 1/2) until he's gone 24 hours without throwing up. Just make sure that he doesn't become dehydrated, don't have to worry so much about food until the vomiting has passed, then BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or crackers, goldfish, etc. A milk allergy wouldn't come on all of a sudden, but the first time you used something he was allergic to. Talk to his pedi about getting him on whole or soy milk until he's 2. Milk fat is crucial for brain development until 2 years old. Hope he feels better! BTW, is he running a temperature?

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.