baby stomach

okay 27 weeks and 3 days, when a baby were to move or curl up or his or her head is like right up there at the top of the uterus does it get hard and can you feel them actually sitting or laying there???

a little bit above my belly button it got really hard and i touched the spot and it felt like a head or butt.

new mom and just want to know what it feels like or what it is.

how do you tell the difference??

so there is 3 questions.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure if you can tell the difference, but it could definitely be a head or a butt. You can sometimes tell by where they are kicking whether it's a head or butt.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• im just wondering because it feels really weird im not used to the kicking and stuff im new to the movements i mean i have felt my baby move for a while now it is just weird that my stomach is jumping around and stuff.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yeah it gets hard and some moms can feel a head or butt and yeah they can be just laying there or streching i dont know any way of telling the diffrence in a head or butt they feel the same to me could also be the placenta when i was prego with my daughter i mistook the placenta for her head or butt until the doc told me it was most likely the placenta. the thing i like most is when they are pushing with there foot and you can count their toes but alot of moms say theres no way but im sure that i counted their toes idk im might just be baby crazy and imagining things
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• wow sometimes i wish i was skinnier because i want to count my baby's toes that would be cool. i have more fat in the middle and stuff but i can still feel the baby moving around and see it so yeah it was pretty cool.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• it could also be her back but yeah you are feeling something.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i know its not contractions or anyting like that so yeah but its definetly the baby kicking around in there it just feels so COOL and AWESOME.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my daughter she kicked with her foot and you could definetly tell it was a foot...i could kinda grab it...it was really cool.and when she would run her fingers across my stomach...the inside of course it felt kind of prickly...that was pretty cool too...lol Can't wait till I start feeling this one...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Just wait! It only gets better the farther along you are. My little guy will literally move my entire stomach and make my body jump lol. It is crazy. Bugbug07 is not crazy. I can totally tell where his foot is and measure from end to end and pick out where the toes are and his heel. It is so much fun to kind of tap whatever they are pushing out and see what they do. Don't you just wonder what they are thinking? "what the heck was that thing TOUCHING me?" lol.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• lol yeah i think that sometimes as well if he is thinking the same thing. except i say he is thinking MOM QUIT touch me i don't like that because i would put my hand on my stomach and get either kicked or punched. Last night i put my hand on my left side and felt someting round move across it wasn't sure if it was his head or butt again but it felt weird it was on my left side. SO COOL
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 7:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I can feel my daughters knees push against my stomach as she spins. It is the most amazing feeling in the world, she will move my whole stomach and i just know she is getting impatient like i am lol.
    toris777mommy

Answer by toris777mommy at 11:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2009