What do you feed a toddler?

My daughter is 18 months old. My husband is worried that I'm not feeding her nutritious food. I feed her cereal, oatmeal, rice with chicken or whatever we're eating for lunch or dinner. I also give her lots of snacks like plain crackers, goldfish pepperidge crackers, sometimes sweets. What do you feed your toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My favorite thing to do is go to buffets and try all the foods she has never had before. ( I have 20 month old toddler) Then you know if they like things that you would not necessarily think of making for her. I feed her everything I eat and I try new foods on her all the time. I try to make fruit, cheese and yogurt her snacks. Rare sweets. I try to feed her a lot of vegetables.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i feed my 2 year old everything i eat. i have tried to start cooking healthier. for snacks he has yogurt melts, veggi crackers, etc etc. sweets on occasion. i try to give him fruits often too.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• my son is 16 months and he eats everything I do except coffee and soda. We started him on the baby cereal and then added a food every week because I had a ton of allergies as a kid. We keep healthy snacks around for him, mostly cheese and fruit and crackers. I aim for whole grains but some stuff like teddy grahams might or might not be a real whole grain. When we eat out I usually end up giving his some of our dinners and order him his own side of veggies if they have something soft enough for him or else I give him a jar of graduates veggies. we are blessed with a non-picky eater. people are amazed when I give him hummus on bread as a snack. he is a little "foodie" but doesn't realize it. Maybe he'll win top chef someday.
    XanandLeosMama

Answer by XanandLeosMama at 6:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My boys eat the same foods we do for the most part. I try to give them foods from all the different food groups every day. Like most toddlers their diet can get a little "carb" heavy but it won't be forever. We've also recently added a multivitamin to "cover the bases" if you will.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My kid eats what I eat. He's really into penut butter and jelly for breakfast now and hotdogs for lunch and whatever we eat for dinner.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009