Daytrana Patch for ADHD?

Has anyone's child used this? I have a friend that has been asking about it on FB for a while and it seems no one knows anything about it. Figured I could get more of an audience here on CM.

She is looking for experiences. Was it effective? Pros/Cons? Etc?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Health

• My son has been on it for 2 years and its great for us. The only pain we have with it is getting up at 5:30 and put it on him so by 7 it is working :) That has been our only issue. No sleeping issues, tummy issues, mood swings etc... He has gained nearly 20 pounds since we started and as many ADHD kids, he was underweight. My insurance covers most of it, I pay 55.00 for each refill. We us it for school days only so 55.00 every 6 weeks isn't too bad..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Additude Magazine online has a free download that compares all the meds and side effects.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• When my kids were on meds, I thought about asking their doc about it. But then I read the info on it, and it has to come off by a certain time when it goes on at a certain time (so, for example, if it went on at 7, it HAD to come off at 4 - might not be exact right times, but you get my point), and they had to go to after school care. They would have been responsible for remembering to take it off, which I didn't trust they would, and the school pitched a big fit about how they couldn't remove it if the nurse wasn't there to supervise and she wouldn't stay after school....and it just turned out to be a hassle that I didn't want to deal with.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• My son's doctor wanted to prescribe it, but my insurance doesn't touch the $220 a month. I know someone who had a son on it and they didn't like it. She didn't tell me why.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2013