A good steak marinade?

i bought steaks yesterday, thought id try them out and see how the girls like them. im so tired of the same old ground beef & chicken!

the thing is i used the last of my italian dressing the other day so im out of that.

i was thinking EVOO with garlic powder, S & P and ???? do i need to add anything else or should that work? i do have some fresh herbs, thyme, rosemary & dill.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My Favorite of all time I can't remember exact measurements now since I do it so often, but it's about 3 tablespoons of everything:
    McCormicks Montreal steak seasoning
    A-1 steak sauce
    Olive Oil
    Worchesterschire (sp?)
    Soy Sauce
    I prick both sides of the steak with a fork, then let them marinate for 4-6 hours. As soon as a half hour still works. Also as I put the steaks on the grill I save the sauce and dunk shrimp in it real quick then grill the shrimp so they get a little of the same flavor. Do Not marinade the shrimp. I did that once and they were not so good with the sauce all soaked in.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Do you have soy sauce and worchestshire? I would add about a tablespoon of either apple cider or rapsberry vinegar to what you already have. You may not need the salt with the soy and worchestshire sauce, if you don't have both use one, put in a zippy bag and marinate until tonight. If you want an awesome steak let them warm up a bit from the fridge to the grill (about 30 min)
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• What kind of steak is it? You don't want to over power the meat flavor too much... some salt, pepper, and olive oil & grilled.. they will be delicious!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Wow these are good ideas I will try them next time.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I do steaks with what I call Cuban marinate, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice, top it off with chopped parsley and chopped onions! and lemon juice to top it all, after you cook it anyway you like.....

Answer by older at 12:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2013