NEED A PLACE TO STAY FOR MY FAMILY OF 6 BY JANUARY 28TH......

MY HUSBAND GOT A TRANSFER TO JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA QUICKER THAN WE THOUGHT. HE WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO GET TRANSFERED BY THE SUMMER BUT A SPOT CAME AVAILABLE. IN ORDER FOR HIM TO GET THE POSITION WE HAVE TO BE THERE BY MONDAY AT THE LATEST. WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING ONLINE FOR ROOMS FOR RENT, EXTENDED STAY, AND RENTAL PROPERTIES. THE RENTAL PROPERTIES WE CAN'T AFFORD UNTIL AFTER WE GET SETTLED WHICH WOULD TAKE ABOUT 3 WEEKS. THE PEOPLE HE WORK FOR ARE NOT COVERING ANY OF OUR MOVING EXPENSES WHICH IS WHY WE ARE TRYING TO GET SOMETHING CHEAP FOR 3 WEEKS. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMEWHERE FOR ABOUT 150 A WEEK OR LESS IF POSSIBLE. ANYTHING IS HELPFUL FOR US RIGHT NOW.

ILYNAA

Asked by ILYNAA at 10:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Travel

• You and kids stay behind. He goes down, gets settled and figures it out. We've had to do it that way.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Yes it's probably easier for him to go ahead while you stay behind and work on packing etc. He can stay at a motel or something and when he's not at work he can check out the real estate int he area and find a place for the family to live. Just because HE needs to be down there by the 28th does not mean you ALL have to be there.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• WE LIVE WITH MY N LAWS NOW AND THEY DON'T WANT US HERE AS IT IS! WHICH IS PART OF THE REASON WHY WERE RELOCATING.
    ILYNAA

Comment by ILYNAA (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If the inlaws were willing to wait until the summer to have you out they can wait a few weeks for him to find a place down there. Unless you prefer living in a tiny hotel room for 3 weeks.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Most hotels cost more than $150 per night. Maybe call a Realtor in the area & ask them what they recommend.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• They weren't willing to wait they wanted us out of here a.s.a.p. and a tiny hotel would be a lot better than the room we have here which is smaller than any hotel I have ever been to. We were looking for maybe some hotels that would have a decent weekly rate for us to stay at for 3 weeks at the most.
    ILYNAA

Comment by ILYNAA (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I've never stayed in a hotel that was less than 150 a night. You need to talk to your inlaws about staying for a few more weeks.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If you can't afford rent how can you afford three weeks at a hotel? Call a realtor
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Rent requires a deposit, lights, and water right then. I have seen hotels that offer a weekly reasonable rate but I just don't know how to find the ones there. Thanks for the advice everyone......
    ILYNAA

Comment by ILYNAA (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• go on the Jacksonville Craigs list, also google hotels by the week, I am sure you can come up with something, I would sell anything I could get my hands on right now, you can most likely get second hand stuff in Jacksonville very cheap, there is a Navy base, so lots of relocations going on.
    I wonder if there is a navy wife group on here? I am sure that they might be of help to you, I used to live in Jacksonville, but too long ago to be of much help.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2013