Have you had anything notarized lately?

My Sisters & I did. All of us had the same paperwork to be notarized. I went to the UPS Store which I have done multiple times. You show your drivers license & the Notary tells you to sign then he signs & stamps. MY other Sister went to her Bank & did the same. My older sister went to her bank & said she had to give them her fingerprint! ??? WTH? I would have never given my print to them especially since it's her bank! I have been fingerprinted before prior to being hired for a Gov''t job but I think that's BS at a bank! They have nothing to compare her print to & I am upset she agreed! She has never given her prints before for any reason. You don't even need to be fingerprinted to take out a mortgage! Have you ever been fingerprinted at your bank?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Money & Work

• Never! I can't imagine!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Many banks require your thumbprint to cash a check. To me, it wouldn't be that big a deal. You're already showing them your ID, asking them to verify your identity. If they require certain things as proof of that, then that's what you have to do if you want them to verify it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• ive been fingerprinted before, i cant recall all the occasions but yes. i know cashing my refund check was one instance, and perhaps even at my bank. i havent had anything notarized lately but im actually doing that today at amscot so we'll see! i dont really think its a big deal, i dont mind giving my fingerprint because i have nothing to hide.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I had stuff notarized a few weeks ago at my bank and was not fingerprinted.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Ill let you know!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Yes, end of last year at UPS store. A bank will sometimes ask for a thumb print if its not your bank, to cash a check
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• tnm786, Just out of curiosity I'd be interested to here if they do fingerprint you. Thanks!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2013