Need help with my little boy and his potty training ?

We go to the potty, he just doesnt tell me when to go.

LITTLEHOOVER07

Asked by LITTLEHOOVER07 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't start potty training my son until right about the time he turned 2. Every couple of hours, I took him to the potty, and sat there and read a book to him. It was called the Happy Man and His Dump Truck.....lol After a couple of days, when he needed to go potty, he would start yelling for his peepee book, that's how I knew he needed to go. You just need to be consistent and take him in there on a regular basis, and praise him when he does potty in the toilet. He needs to be old enough to know when he has to go though, or you are wasting your time.
    txmom-o-3

Answer by txmom-o-3 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Make it fun. Throw some cheerios (4-5) in the toilet and tell him to sink the cereal. This helped my son and he was all the way potty broke at 3, even at night. GOOD LUCK!!
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 7:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• He may not tell you that he has to go for another year or more. Until he does, just keep taking him often or on a set schedule. Try not to get frustrated with him. He will sense that you are upset and you may set him back. Try to remember that this is NORMAL and try to adjust your expectations - full daytime potty training happens when the child is fully ready, not at a certain age or after a certain number of weeks with no accidents.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009