C section

ok so im 37 weeks pregnant and their doing my c section in 5 days which is exiting but im freacking out the more the days go by and i think about it im freaking out more. my last c section with my twins i paniced cuz it felt like the freezing went into my lung and i couldnt breath so they had to put me out. im scared that will happen again which is starting to make me panic again. ive talk to the dr about it and it just didnt seem to comfort me. any advice from moms would be fantasctic right now thank u so much

ohdear1989

Asked by ohdear1989 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• When you go into the Hospital SPEAK to the Anesthesiologist who is handling your delivery & tell them about your previous experience with anesthesia. He or She is the person who is responsible for sedating you & making you comfortable. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It sounds like the previous anesthesiologist injected the medicine too high. Definitely voice your concerns during preop and the day of surgery. Try to stay calm! I freaked out when I had mine too. Once you are numb and on the table everything happens so fast.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• ^^What Paulie said.

My first was an emergency C-section. My second was planned. You go in, talk with nurses, the doc, more nurses, and the anesthesiologist. They will NOT proceed until you give the go ahead to start. Don't give that go ahead until ALL your questions and concerns are answered to your satisfaction.

I had horrible heartburn with both of my pregnancies. With my first I had been off the meds for almost 48 hours. While they were prepping me (flat on my back was NOT a good idea) I started feeling VERY nauseous. The first time they let me sit up for not long enough, then made me lay down again. The second time the didn't let me sit up. I puked all over the anesthesiologist's patent leather shoes, at 3:00 am. With my second the guy was hilarious, in crocs, and gave me this foul tasting shit of lemon flavored nastiness that helped control the nausea. Think thick lemonade with no sugar and extra lemons.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2013

• ive already talked to the Anesthesiologist during my preop apt and couldnt stress how scared i was. im hoping hes the guy during my surgery.
    ohdear1989

Comment by ohdear1989 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Do you want to avoid the cesarean?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:37 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Most c-sections done here are done with peridurals and not general anaesthetic... Wouldn't that avoid the risk and the stress?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• i would love to avoid a c section but i just dont think its possible
    ohdear1989

Comment by ohdear1989 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I've had 3 c-sections and the last one I think I felt like you did. I was on an adrenaline rush because he was 3 weeks early. I was planning to have him on my surgery date. I calmed down a bit once I was on the o.r. table. They ended up giving me some oxygen to help my breathing. Sort of a panic attack.
    Just remember to relax!
    825photog

Answer by 825photog at 2:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• "i would love to avoid a c section but i just dont think its possible"

Why not? What's going on?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:57 AM on Jan. 25, 2013