Are boys or girls easier to raise?

Just wanting everyone's opinion. I have boys and I can't imagine a girl's sassy mouth (I imagine all girls to be sassy) But here I am preggo and wanting a little sassy girl.

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 12:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in General Parenting

• Depends on how they're raised. I wanted a boy so bad when I found out I was pregnant.. but I couldn't be happier with my girl.. She's not sassy either ;)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• From my experience, boys are easier by far.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I am not complete in raising them, but my girl was so sweet and minded so well when she was little, My son was like RAMBO on speed, but now he is no trouble, he is 8 Now DD is 14, and although she can be sweet, I find that she can also be very difficult, my vote for now is boys! I will let you know in 10 years after they both turn 18 the exact truth!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• so far i cant say...they are too young. but if my son takes less than a year to potty train and doesnt get his feelings hurt over every stupid thing i'll say boys haha. my DD is sweet but such a drama queen & stubborn!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• i have three girls, my youngest is the sassy one, and it has nothing to do with how im raising her but everything to do with her DNA. ill admit its difficult sometimes but i love them all so much.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Depends on how you raise them. If you raise them the same then neither is "easier" or more "difficult" than the other. All too often however parents are willing to make "exceptions' in behavior due to gender and that is what influences their decision on whether boys or girls are easier to raise. In reality there is no "it's a boy thing' or "it's a girl thing".

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I have to agree that boys are easier after having two girls I was blessed with a wonderful boy!

Answer by older at 12:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I have 2 girls, I don't know if they're easier but, I've always wanted to have girls, never a boy. And, little boys just seem so rough & hyper to me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• just wanted to add that my mom always says girls are easier. but only b/c my brother was a stubborn ignoramus that acted like the world was out to get him from 8 years old to today. and she says that i was super easy to raise. so its not a gender thing, but a child's temperament thing.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I have one of each. Neither one is easier or harder than the other. They are equally challenging, in their own ways. My son has Asperger's and ADHD, so that makes its own challenges. My daughter is stubborn, pig headed, onerey, etc., and JUST like her mother. That presents ITS own challenges.

I wouldn't have them any other way though. They are both so very loving, compassionate, kind, helpful, have manners, etc.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2013