Dollar pregnancy test

I am 3 days late for my period, I haven't had ANY symptoms, but I decided to take test regardless, I took one last night i did it in a hurry, was negative threw it away, and this morning i decided to take the other one just to make sure, so i took the test, it came out negative, and i just left it my computer i was doing stuff, and maybe 15 mins later i look at it and its positive now.. has this ever happened to anyone, or is it wrong maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• This is my 3rd pregnancy. I took a dollar test and it was negative, I looked at it the next morning and it was positive. Turns out I was pregnant
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 2:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• They are not accurate past 10 minutes
    If it was negative,it still is

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• get one of the digital tests if you question the other test. That way you get a clear pregnant or not pregnant response.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 12:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It's negative. It should say on the box that the results are not good after a certain time. But, if you are unsure, buy a trusted brand like First Response, test tomorrow morning & follow the directions exactly.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• No. If you look at the test after the alloted time (most say to check results within 2 minutes) then you are looking at evaporation lines and the test is inaccurate.
    Chances are you are just late. (how have your stress levels been?)
    If you still haven't gotten your period in a week test again and if results are still negative then make an appointment with your doctor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Wait until you are seven days late. Test in the morning. Follow the directions.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I have a four year old son who's pregnancy test didn't show positive until a half hour later...which just prompted another test....just test in a day or two and get a digital one...they are easier to read!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I would retest just to be sure. The $1 tests work good. It's how I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd!
    825photog

Answer by 825photog at 2:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I agree, wait until you are 7 days late. Use first morning urine and retest.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• okay so i couldnt wait until the 7 days, i took first respose today, 2 of them, both positive!!! =D im so happy! so thanks to everyone that answered, =]
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2013