Name Opinion

What do you think of the name Tarran for a boy? We are thinking of Tarran Alexander. DH wants to go back to his roots for the names, and this is the only one that seems somewhat doable for me.

other_mother

Asked by other_mother at 1:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Baby Names

• Like it
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 7:07 AM on Mar. 2, 2014

• I think its cute but I don't like the spelling. I had friends in HS that were Torrin and Tarrin. and personally I like Tarrin better then Tarren
    Jayde2bys

Answer by Jayde2bys at 5:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2013

• Tarran sounds OK, but it does sound kind of "girly". If I was to just hear the name Tarran without any other information, I would probably think it was for a girl. Sorry.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 1:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• i like it, but i'd say play with the spelling a bit to see if you can make it a little more masculine
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 4:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• its ok
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• One of my boy students is named Terrin. I like the name. Also, I hate my name. We learn to live with it.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2013

• I like the name just fine. It would fit right in at my daughter's school.
    I know a boy named Torin.
    As far as making sure the spelling looks "masculine," you also could consider some alternate spellings: Taran, Taron, Teron, Terron, Tarron. For some reason, my eye likes either Taran, Taron or Tarron better than Tarran. I think in general seeing it spelled with a single "r" looks better to me, and then if there are two r's, then the "-on" rather than the "-an" strikes me as more masculine or appealing.

So that's my feedback. But I like the name in general. (Wouldn't choose it personally but I do think it sounds nice & I think it's a good name.)

If he truly dislikes his name, you've chosen a middle name that he is likely to be able to deal with. He can always go by Alex/Alexander or some permutation.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I like it, it's a unisex name, I also know a girl called Taryn, she's lovely, anyway thats besides the point, i like it for a boy or girl
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I really like Alexander, but Terran is not a favorite of mine. I instantly think of a little girl since I know of a few females named Taryn.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Oh, and my husband and I went through that book when I was pregnant both times. We wrote down names that WE liked. Then, we sat down, exchanged lists, and started crossing off names we weren't fond of, but gave the author veto power to keep names that the author liked.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2013