When to stop giving baby with a milk and soy allergy formula?

We currently have my almost 10 month old (she'll be 10 months in 2 days) on Nutramigen and it seems to be the only one we've found that works for her. However, I've heard that by 1 year, you're supposed to stop giving them formula or even switch to a toddler formula. Nutramigen does not have a toddler formula though. So has anyone come across this issue? When do I get her off of the formula and what should I put her on?

Schpanks

Asked by Schpanks at 1:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1st of all,you need to make sure the issue that required it has passed
    my son was on that for protein intolerance,and we had to get him tested before we could switch him to a regular formula

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• My Daughter was on Similac Sensitive with Soy & Milk. We switched her cold turkey at one to whole milk. Took a few days but now she Loves whole milk & no issues at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• JMO. When the baby starts eating baby food 3 meals a day.

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Usually you switch to whole milk at 12 months. My daughter was on soy formula too and had no issues. But ask your doctor. I wouldn't continue with infant formula because by that age they are getting more nutrients from food, but if it is a true milk allergy you might have to try soy milk. Ask your doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Oh, now I see you said there is also a soy allergy. Just ask your doctor. He'll tell you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• ask her ped what kind of milk you can switch her to and gradually do so at around 11 or 12 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Talk to the DR!!
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 11:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2013