New ideas for boneless chicken breasts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I had a few this week and I made 2 things that were a hit. First, my falafel chicken. I cut the breast into chunks or fingers and I make a batter using falafel mix and seltzer soda, until it's more or less the texture of pancake batter. I cover the chicken with batter and deep fry it. I served it with pita bread, hummus, tahini sauce and Israeli salad (chopped cucumber and tomato with olive oil, vinegar and I add a bit of chopped fresh mint).
    Last night I made a light Jambalaya with cubes of chicken breast that I seasoned with salt and Cajun spice mix, sliced turkey sausage, red and green chopped peppers, celery, onion, and peas. I added crushed tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, some more Cajun spice, a couple of bay leaves, water and instant rice. Let it simmer until it's cooked. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley. I made garlic bread for it and a simple salad.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• OP, seriously, why did you ask this anon?
    Do you not want anyone to know that you eat chicken?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• The list is endless. Roll them in egg then bread crumbs, or crushed cornflakes. Flatten them, put sliced ham or spinach or cheese then roll up, secure with toothpicks and bake. Cut in strips and use for fajitas or stir fry. Put in the crockpot with BBQ sauce then shred to put on buns. Those are our faves.

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I like to chunk it up and add some italian spices to it while it cooks. I will cook some penne or spaghetti pastas and do my pasta sauce. add the sauce to the chicken and let it simmer and add spices as needed. put all the ingrediants together and put in a baking dish and put mozz cheese on top and bake in the oven.... mmmm scrumdiddlieumptios!! :0)

also I will take and slice the chicken into strips and add McCormicks Mesquite marinades or just the shaker spice. cook it in the pan with just a little bit of oil. it makes great chicken tacos/fajitas.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• cook chicken in oven or pan and shred. Mix onion and garlic Boursin cheese ,marinara ,parm ,add chicken and cooked pasta in the large sauce pan you cooked the pasta in afte rthe draining water .Stir and heat .

Save a bit of pasta water if it is a little dry.

Add artichoke hearts ,kalamata olives or what ever you like.I like to mix it and bake it in the oven for a while with some parm on top.When I'm in a hurry I skip the oven .

Favorite here with broccoli ,spinach salad or cooked spinach and garlic bread.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• chicken parmesian, chicken sandwiches, bbq'd chicken. baked chicken. chicken wraps, chicken salad...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• @ 3libras
    OP, seriously, why did you ask this anon?

She's a closet meat eater.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Roll in olive oil and Tuscan spices with lavender. Brown on stove in olive oil. Cook in oven at 350 until done
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Another good, healthy meal is "alambre", a traditional Mexican soft taco dish.
    Cut the chicken breasts into little pieces. Marinate them in Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper. Chop peppers of any 2 or 3 colors you want, I love using yellow and orange. Chop some onion. Cook some slices of bacon and chop them (I keep kosher, so I use bacon bits, it's a good option if you prefer a lighter version). Pat dry the chicken, heat some oil (or you can use PAM) and cook the chicken. Remove and add the onions until they're soft, add the peppers and cook until they're soft. Add the chicken again, the bacon and mix. Splash Worcestershire and lime juice and let the liquid evaporate.
    Serve with soft, warm tortillas, guacamole and salsa. I suggest you cut some pineapple into thin slices, grill them and put it in the taco. It's delicious.
    Side dishes: Mexican red rice, Refried beans, potatoes with poblano peppers.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 24, 2013