Pharmacy Medicaid question

My husband got laid off last year and after months of looking for a job he found a temp job making $10. It pays our bills, but there is no extra money. Over Christmas all three of our kids got extremely ill with the flu and one of my son's had to go on breathing treatments, antibiotics, an inhaler, and so on. Because my dh is working through a temp agency, we have no insurance. So we applied for state medicaid for the doctor bills. We got approved, but now I am wondering about if they will cover the medications we paid out of pocket for. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but it was $250 and we have been sucking wind since then. I know they backdate for doctor bills, but do they for prescriptions too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Kids' Health

• If it pays for previous medical bills, I'd give it a shot. Worst case, they say no. You're no worse off than you were.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Was your application pending when you got the prescriptions? If so, then they might. Best to contact them and find out. Worst that can happen is they say 'no'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Might depend on your state, but mine won't go back and reimburse you for anything you've paid for - just what you still owe from the last 3 months.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Ask!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• They had the flu shot and got it anyway :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I don't think they will but you could always try right.....oh and for future reference..many places give out flu shots for free regardless of coverage....
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• all you can do is try. If they deny coverage you are in no worse position. If they approve it then you have more money in your pocket.
    Call you medicaid point person and ask how to file your prescriptions that were purchased in full - coverage was not applied.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2013