How do You make French Toast?

Just want to see other people's recipes, we're having Breakfast for dinner tonight :)

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 4:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I scramble eggs with a little milk, throw in some vanilla and cinnamon, dip the eggs, then fry in a tiny amount of butter so they're crispy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• i dont think i do it right, but it ends up working anyway. i beat an egg with a fork, add a splash of milk, then in a separate bowl combine a bit of sugar and some cinnamon. i coat the bread in the egg/milk mixture first then in the cinnamon sugar mixture and put on a hot griddle with melted butter.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• ^^I do what Ginger does. Great- now I wish I had enough bread to make some! :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I scramble eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon. Let it soak in the mix. Flip and let the other side soak it in. Drizzle a little honey and fry it on low.

French Toast should not be mushy in the middle lol. I learned that the hard way. Cook it low until no longer mushy. Turn the heat up so I can get a nice crisp outside.

Plate it, drizzle some powdered sugar and serve. Yum!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I smother cream cheese that is whipped with powdered sugar and berries and stuff it, then I dip the whole thing in egg wash and fry it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• eggs milk, vanilla, and cin, in one dish soak bread (day old) then put Pam in a skillet and serve, but if I was having breakfast for dinner I might be tempted to leave out the vanilla and cin, and put ham and cheese inside of them! Monte Cristo away!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I whip eggs with some milk & cinnamon. Dip the bread, fry on a greased griddle.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves in a large bowl. I don't have measurements because I do it all by "that looks good enough". I do do a LOT of cinnamon and just a little bit of cloves. Dunk bread in egg mixture, flip over so both sides are coated then cook up on griddle at 350 or in a pan on med-med high heat until golden brown. If done right 1 egg will coat 2 slices of bread. That's regular bread, not the thicker Texas Toast.

Serve with toppings and sides of choice.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I say 'Honey, Since you're off, can you get the stuff to make french toast in the morning?' And it's perfect every time. ;0D
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Eggs milk cinnamon and a spoonful of sugar all in one bowl, coat the bread in egg mixture, and serve with butter and syrup.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2013