• In the Spotlight:

This may have already been posted, but it's cool anyway.

HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas waiter who went out of his way for a special young customer has people talking.

Kim Castillo says she and her family were having a typical dinner out when a family at an adjacent table got up and moved, according to ABC-affiliate KTRK. When waiter Michael Garcia realized it was because of Castillo's 5-year-old son Milo, who has Down Syndrome, he told the guests he wouldn't serve them.

"He said special needs children need to be special somewhere else. That's like saying, 'You don't need to be here, you're a different skin color," says Garcia.

The family that owns the restaurant is supporting Garcia's decision, and Castillo's family is grateful he stood up for Milo.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping That's wonderful that they cared more about the person than the bottom line.  Speaking of bottoms & lines, that idiot who said that about the little boy, really crossed a line & should be kicked in the behind.  I'd say he could kiss my behind, but I don't know where his mouth has been!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I cant believe a person would say that about a "special needs" kid... talk about distrubing. Obviously he is much more handicapped, by being a bigoted, insensitve, hateful jerk towards a child....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I can't believe the family actually moved because the boy has Down Syndrome. Morons...
    What an ignorant, idiotic racist jerk.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2013