My cat and my husband feud over the middle cushion on the couch

My Dilly loves to sit next to me. That's his spot. It's hilarious,my DH will block him from sitting there,and the cat will sit and stare at him with this pissed off face,and occasionally make this meow/growl noise like "get the hell out of my spot!"
As soon as my DH gets home,Dilly will jump up next to me,and smirk at my DH like "haha,I'm here first!"

Any cute anecdotes with your pet?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I have a cat that "only" my youngest can get to follow her around like a puppy. She pats her leg and says "come on Cali, come on" and the damn cat will follow her. It is hysterical to watch. I have another that will get into the top bunk and that is where you will find her when our oldest is going to bed. I have to pull a pissed off cat out my oldest's bed so she can go to sleep. Cali will also sit in your lap whether you want her there or not and wash you. Do you know what it is like to have sandpaper clean you repeatedly in the same spot again, again, and again. Can't make her stop no matter what you do b/c we have been trying for almost 8 years.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Dilly sounds sweet. My cat Pumpkin just got done staring at my daughter with a pathetic "please turn the shredder on"  look.  He likes to watch the paper disappear and he will just stare at it until someone streads a few pieces for him.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Mine just stares at me from various spots in the living room, dining room, or hallway. She doesn't want on the couch with me, she doesn't want in my lap. She just wants to watch. Eventually she gives a huge sigh and puts her head down and closes her eyes, but her ears are still listening for me to do something. I'm just not sure what's expected of me. This activity is part of her daily routine, which I have down pat. Morning: nap under the bed. Afternoon: nap on the bed. Evening: staring at Ginger. 9 pm: staring at Ginger while sitting and waiting on the landing to the stairs, because 9 pm is always bedtime and she just knows.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• LOL, that's too funny! No, my dog is pretty much an asshole! He loves the garage... but won't come back in unless it's on his own terms. If I try to get him back in before he wants to come in, I have to lure him in the house with a piece of cheese AND he knows this!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• My dog stares at me trying to send me subliminal thoughts "give me some chicken." or "I will settle for ham." or "I hate you for being vegan - give me chocolate."
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Maude (tuxedo cat) must sleep on top of me at all times. I enjoy a lap kitty but when I'm trying to sleep it's too hot and she's fat so she's heavy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I like to play Ninja with all 3 of them. I'll catch their eye and then hide around the corner,wait a few seconds,and peek out. Repeat until they get nervous and sneak up on me

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• yeah,he's my furry buddy

he loves it if I wiggle my finger on the tub edge when I'm taking a bath. His eyes get all huge and he puts on his serious face and pounces. If I just sit there all quiet,he'll make a worried sound because he's afraid i'll splash and scare him. He had walked in one day when I bumped the shampoo bottle into the water and scared the shit out of him. But he's too dumb to leave,he just sits there and waits for the splash noise,lol. He also insists on drinking a cup of warm water when I'm in there

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Our dog does that too - DH and dog like to lay in the same spot. In fact, I think the dog likes that spot just because it is DH's.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2013