What whould you do if your husband was a different culture than you and he decided to hire someone to cook foood for him and kids because he wanted them to eat his cultures food and you dont agree?

i am american and my husband is arabic he doesnt like american food so he hired a lady and is paying her 30 a meal to make arabic food he wants me to feed the kids this food but myself i am very offended and hurt because i am a good cook and i want my children to grow up remembering my cooking not a strangers food he just wants to eat his cultures food.

maibabygee

Asked by maibabygee at 5:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would ask him to pay me 30 a meal too! but I really don't see anything wrong with wanting to introduce his Arabic food to his family....

Answer by older at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Compromise. Have Arabic food on certain days of the week and American food the other days. Learn how to prepare the Arabic food so the kids can still enjoy your cooking.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Why haven't you learned to cook his cultures food?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Why can't you do both?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Get a recipe book on cultural cooking (or Arabic as the case may be). Shoot most people can follow a recipe
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Why doesn't he just make it himself? Let HIM follow a recipe. Spending money for someone else to make it is ridiculous

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I wouldn't mind, he wants to share this part of his heritage with his children. This doesn't mean you can't cook for your family or pass your own food traditions on to your children.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Why can't you learn how to cook the food he likes? Marriage is about compromising, you knew he liked Arabic food when you married him as he knew you liked American food. Ask him to help you make it. Ask what is his favorite.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I would say fine to 2 or 3 times a week. Think of it as days you don't have to cook!!! Or you can get an Arabic cookbook!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I can understand he misses it, Lebanese food is my favorite, I can also understand he would absolutely want to eat it, but I think you should compromise and eat both styles of food, I have made many middle eastern meals, honestly they are not hard, but they are very time consuming, maybe you can try a dish at a time.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2013