why do people have to be so mean?

I posted a question about an hour ago about my daughter crawling bc i was misinformed about the age that kids start crawling, and instead of getting advice on crawling and how to help my DD learn the concept, and comments that assure me im doing good things for my kid i instead get a comment stating that i am a horrible mom that has too high of expectations and standards and so on. i dont understand why people have to be so rude to others on here. i see it all the time. people with genuine concerns are simply looking for advice and people have to put them down.i thought we were here to help eachother. it really makes me think twice about posting anything on here because of all the backlash. Im sorry im ranting, it just really makes me question the point of this site. the fact that we have to have an anonymous button is a little sad. nobody should ever have to be ashamed of their questions or answers

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 6:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I have noticed some very good questions sometimes- the mom feels she has to add "no rude answers please" at the bottom... I think that is sad.
    I don't know if they have some sort of superiority/inferiority complex, but the majority of the community realizes that these (mostly anonymous but not always) mothers are not being helpful at all, and tells them so.
    I posted a question earlier and apparently an anony posted a very rude answer- by the time i checked back the post was removed but every other momma who posted after anony told her off for being rude... so you take the few bad with a grain of salt and be glad for the mommas who really do care and want to be helpful.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• just ignore them momma.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• im tryin. i guess its just one of those days where the little things are getting to me
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I am sorry you got a rude response. You know you're a GREAT mom so don't let it bother you.
    Anonymous

• they feel so bad about the things that they do they have to criticize others.
    maybe they are jealous that your DD is more advanced than their LO was. some moms become vicious if your LO does something before theres does
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• aww you guys are making me feel so much better!! thank you so much! i have faith in cafemom again lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Hey, my daughter started crawling at 7 months. I thought that was late BUT she took her first steps at 9 months. I also wondered what I could do to help her crawl :)

CONCERNED parents often make the BEST parents!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My husband is a computer geek and he told me about a site that when you post anonymously it posts as being from anonymous coward! Granted, I think there is a time and a place for an anonymous post, but most just take advantage to make stupid and rude comments. I pretty much don't read or respond to most anonymous posts! There are always those people! You know you're a good momma! :) And so does your child, and that is who really matters!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My little girl started crawling @ 6 months. I don't care if that was early or late. She is healthy and active. And what is wrong with high expectations? As long as they are realistic there is no problem. I am sure you are a great mom who will continue to do well by your very lucky children.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009