Why?

I don't know why, but it seems like the older I get the more my attitude has changed. And I don't see it for the better either. I get in these moods and I don't know how to get out of them. I say things that when I look back at it that are not so nice.

I feel like a lot of times I say things without thinking and I end up hurting feelings when I don't mean to. I also feel like everything from day to day stuff annoys me and I never seem to be positive.

I see myself turning into my mom and it's scary. She never has anything nice to say and she's always sour about EVERYTHING!!! I don't want to be that way. I don't know if I need counseling or what.

I knowthat I have so much on my plate and I feel like sometimes I am having a melt down, like bad!!

What are some serious things that I can do?? Do I just get up in the morning and just go to the mirror and say, "have a good day!" lol I know I have probably answered my own question, but sometimes I feel like I just need a kick in the teeth to snap out of it!!

suggestions??

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Health

• yeah those days its when its easy to crawl back into bed until 2:55pm
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 5:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Go to the doctor and talk about this. All sorts of things can cause changes in mood.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Therapy. If you cannot afford one call 211 see if there is subsidized care in your area.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• First have a medical check up to be sure youre hormones and chemical balances are in check. It could something as simple as a low thyroid count or something. You want to catch it as early as you can because something that my originally be cause by a medical issue can become a habit and that is harder to break.

Secondly yes pass a mirror and say something nice. "It is a beautiful day!" "Look at how productive you have been today" "you are a good person" etc

I am also going to suggest a "journal" that is small enough to easily carry around with a writing tool. Jot down the good things that you see and also the missteps you have taken. "At the store I told Judy to shut up"
    Reveiw at the end of the day Add some positives you might have missed. Revist the "Store in your head. Judy wanted a cookie and asked a second time (or a 50th time be honest) was it the right way to deal with it? What would you chan
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• change if you could go back and do it again. It could be you had every right to be annoyed but that you might have told her to stop differently.

Think of one very positive thing you can do tomorrow. "I will open the curtains and let in the light" "I will great hubby at the door with a kiss" etc.

The little notebook will help you when you talk to your Dr. about how you are feeling or a counselor and help you pinpoint what and when things happen that you do not like.

You can be happier. I promise.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• You sound EXACTLY like me. I am going to be watching the responses, thanks for posting.

I'm a big worrier too and I ALWAYS see the negative in things.

One phrase that has helped me is

"What is going to happen if you worry? The same thing that will happen if you don't"
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Are you old enough to be going though menopause?

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• **yeah those days its when its easy to crawl back into bed until 2:55pm

haha I feel like that way too often!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• yeah I definately feel like I need to go to the doctor. Now that I have that insurance I have no excuse. I have also been worried about a lot of things whether it be bills, health, families' health, etc.... I am tired of worrying ya know. There are so many days that I just wanna throw my hands up and say "I QUIT!!!" but I know I can't.

I used to write things down when I got frustrated and I need to get back into that. I know that was one thing that would help me. Thanks for putting that thought back into my head. I think once all of the surgery stuff passes by things will get better. I have been so STRESSED about all of that. The thought of losing my sight really gets to me. I have a brother that is blind and it's been tough. I will say that sometimes he seems to do better than any of us other kids... lol

Thanks ladies for all the advice!! I appreciate it a lot!! :0)
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• oh, so glad i am not the only one who gets that way. i talked to one dr and she wanted to put me on zoloft...was trying to since my 3rd trimester...my lo is now 5 months but i still wont take anything like that. i'm going to my family dr next week. i have lots of anxiety issues. before my baby..i uh dealt with it um.... through natures way of saying "hi"gh but no more. i hope my dr can give me some good advice, ill be happy to share.
    newmom1978

Answer by newmom1978 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2013