Is it healthy for a married man to talk to his ex 6 to 10 times a day?

I told my husband that I was uncomfortable with him and ex talking 6 to 10 times a day. They talk from 8 in the morning after dropping my kids off (phone records prove it). They then talk all throughout the day at work. He doesn't call me once a day to even say hello. Not even a text message from him to me. I have found out that he even talks to her when I am sleep (around 12 midnight to 2 am). They text all day and she has sent him pictures. When confronted, he said, "Yeah, we talk, but it's not sexual." He says they are just friends. She lives in Detroit, and we live in Atlanta. I thank you all for your honesty. I am trying to respond, but have not been successful, so I am adding it here. My husband and ex were never married. No, they don't have kids together.

confused2013

Asked by confused2013 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Is she dying? Thats not normal
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Are they talking about their mutual children?
    Personlly I would not be ok with them talking like that, but it would make me feel better knowing there was 1,300 miles between them. i feel like he needs to respect the fact that you don't lke them talking and he needs to cut way way back or all together.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If they have children in common I still think thats too much talking in one day.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Well you obviously don't trust him.
    I would never check on my husband's phone usage, I can but I have no need. I would question why you feel the need to do this.

I am assuming they have children together and the ex has them?

Granted 6-10 each and every day would seem excessive but I have no clue what they are talking about.

He doesn't call or text you? Do you call or text him?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• there is a mom on here that is living with her boyfriend who is I think still mairried to his wife and she has a baby by him, they all talk AND share Holidays together. She is probably the one to ask but we cant name members in posts so I cant really guide you to her sorry.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It may not be sexual, but it's emotional, & that's still a form of being unfaithful. Sounds like you 2 need some counseling. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I have found out that he even talks to her when I am sleep (around 12 midnight to 2 am).

No that's not normal.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Wow! I do not talk to ANYONE that much. I agree with others that is way too much. I agree with mrsmom there is emotional involvement there. That needs to be addressed.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Of course there is emotional involvement if they have kids together.

I think there is more to this than we are privy too but our op has trust issues.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2013