Ooops I meant to ask is it ok to eat expired sandwich meat if it has been frozen

verespinosa74

Asked by verespinosa74 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Can if you want to. Take a chance it will make you sick.

Answer by louise2 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Unless you see any mold on it or anything like this, just smell it and taste it if it taste ok, I would not worry too much about expiration dates, use your judgement...

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• How expired?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I would not cause for me it has nasty smell to it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Was is frozen BEFORE the expiration date? If so, it's probably fine, as long as you eat it in the next day or two.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If it was frozen before the expiration date it'll be fine just be sure you finish it within the week
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If meat was frozen before it expired. Then thawed out, it is ok. I do it with regular meat all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• How long has it been frozen? Was it expired when you froze it? If it wasn't expired when frozen and it has been in the freezer for a few months or less, it's probably fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Thank you all for your advice
    verespinosa74

Comment by verespinosa74 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• If you froze it before it expired, it should be fine, but I'd eat it quickly. If you froze it after the expiration date, you could thaw it and sniff it, maybe take a very small taste to see if it tastes funky. But if you froze it after it expired, I probably wouldn't risk it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2013