Baby Gender Theory....what do you all think? crazy or on to something?

So I am pregnant with #3- quite by surprise- but very happy about this. So in thinking about how have TWO boys already.....and how when they were conceived we had sex right in the middle of my ovulation when the CM was the egg white consistency that tells you yu are fertile. THIS TIME it was only 2-3 days after a very strange peroid. SO because the female sperm swim slower but live longer and the male sperm swim fast but die off faster is it fair to assume that maybe...just maybe I may asctually get the little girl I've been dreaming about? They do say to have a girl have sex before that particular egg white stage....or so I've read. But I wasnt even ovulating at the time of this conception which is one reason we are so shocked at this pregnancy.We are seriously.....potentily fertile. Both boys were a one shot deal.

(I love my boys but I NEED another girl in this house lol)

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 8:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I read those kinds of things & more importantly so, did my ex SILs all of whom had boys. My ex in-laws only had sons as well. So, my ex DH was just convinced we'd only have boys. When I started TTC, we just had sex, no tricks, just sex. We had a girl. And, then oops, I got pregnant with my 2nd (not TTCing), another girl. So, my theory is that some men are basically boy makers, some are girl makers and, a select few make both. I realize this could be incorrect but, there's really no science backing those other claims as well.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• There is some science backing that up, but unless you know exactly when you ovulated, there's no way to know which one is more likely. Anyway, even if you're using the Shettles Method perfectly, nothing is for sure. It just might tip the odds one way or the other.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I dont believe any of it, you get what your given
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• My doctor saids 50/50 everytime.
    Melyssa C.

Answer by Melyssa C. at 11:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Good luck with getting your girl.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• The male determines the sex of the child. It is said that every seven years the mans sex chromosones change. I believe this is true because; my first ex-husband got married and had a son, three years later he and I had a son, 4 years later we had another son, and 4 years after that we had a girl. So, I must have caught him at the beginning of his first 7 years of producing male children, and stayed long enough with him to enter or be in the middle of his female production cycle. In any case, it worked and I now have 3 boys and two girls.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2013