amoxocillin making my child aggressive and angry...IT'S THE RED DYE#40-it's in the medicine. Look up Red#40 on internet and you'll find several children react this way.

I hope this helps

Asked by RanansMom at 9:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Kids' Health

• What's your question??? My kids have taken that and have never had a issue.

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Then maybe you should tell your doctor that he's had a reaction so that the doc can prescribe something else. Did you do that? I've never, ever had this issue with any of my four kids. One has an allergy to amoxicillin, but that's something entirely unrelated to dye.

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Ok

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Holy cow.

Answer by dullscissors at 10:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Umm, thanks for the PSA? So, if you know that's what the issue is, why are you still letting him take it?

Answer by KA91 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Found a new site, joined it, somehow found answers right away, just to post this? Most of us are quite aware of the dye issues thanks to (oh boy, I'm gonna get the wrong screen name here) fiatpax (???) - red 40 makes my oldest crazy wild.

Answer by idareyou at 10:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Yeah- Paxy does better red dye PSA's.

Answer by feralxat at 10:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

SOME children have issues with food dyes

actually SOME people do

if you know an adult that gets a lot of migraines, have them cut ALL of these food dyes out for a month- see if they have less migraines or any

* i can not make clicky- copy and paste the link
    great site for info

not just for kids in the spectrum 

Answer by fiatpax at 10:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• and you'll find several many children react this way

(but not all)

however even if your child shows no reaction to this, why would you want your child to eat coal tar or petroleum

Answer by fiatpax at 10:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Doesn't it only have red dye in it if you choose the "flavored" liquid amoxocillin or in pill form?
    I know I've had to get it for my kids before and it was a milky white color.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2013