Bagel w/ cream cheese for dinner? EDIT: ewww

the neighbor kids came to play at 4:30 today. they asked for snacks - cool. then dinner time rolls around and i only have 4 tortillas for my 3 kids & husband. long story short the 3 neighbor kids asked to eat here because the mom is felling ill and probably won't cook. there are 3 of them...

so i gave them bagels & cream cheese since I was out of tortillas. is this acceptable? i feel bad but i really had nothing else i could prepare for 3 extra boys.

update edit. it is 7:19pm and the mom just called. all she said was that she was looking for her kids and that they should have been home an hour ago. i told her sorry, i didn't know that, but that i had fed them. she didn't even thank me. yuck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I think it is fine. I am surprised that she waited an HOUR to call after their deadline to be home and then did not say thank you! Amazing! People can be so fucking rude.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My DD (8) will quite often eat a bagel & cream cheese and some fruit for dinner. I think it's fine... it was nice of you to give what you had to them!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Sure it's acceptable. It's not your job to feed them!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Its fine. You offered what you had.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It was generous of you to offer what you had available. Besides, a bagel and cream cheese makes a perfectly good breakfast, so why not have it for dinner?

As for the other mom not thanking you, that's annoying. Just be satisfied that you did your good deed for the day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• You gave what you had, I often used it eat cream cheese and bagel for breakfast.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• You did what you could for them and that was very nice of you.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• You accommodated the only way you could. I bet the other parents would appreciate that.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It's one of my favorite snacks.

You made sure they had full bellies. You did a very nice thing, and if the mom is feeling really sick she may not have been thinking clearly and didn't thank you because of it. A thank you might come down the road when she's feeling better, or not. Either way, you did the best you could with what you had available.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• you did what you could
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2013