My husband on a weeklybasis makes comments about other women like oh she has pretty hair or she is pretty or I like her smile. I am an atractive older women. Why does this bother me. If was occasional it would not bother me. Am I being to sensitive and insecure or is he being insinsetive ????

saumlei

Asked by saumlei at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• Have you ever thought another guy was good-looking. Let's say a celebrity. It's essentially the same thing. So with the information given here I think you're likely over-reacting and just being sensitive.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Sounds like me and my DH. If we someone good looking, we say it!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I find this disrespectful to comment on a regular basis. If he's trying to tell you something, he should just ask.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It's normal. Can you ask him to maybe keep it to himself? It's fine to think it but ask that he doesn't say it aloud because it bothers you. He won't know it does until you say something.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• eh my husband still pants over farah so I think its pretty harmless
    they know beauty when they see it
    now if they were dog ugly adn he said they were pretty I would be worried
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Does he also tell you these things?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• if he does it even after you have told him it bothers you,he's being an asshole

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Mine comments on beauty whether it is a sunset or a woman.
    He also comments on mine.
    He is not dead he is married and I would be worried if he did not notice that another woman looks attractive. I am also glad that he and I trust each other enough that he is comfortable telling me. But that is us and how we are.
    How you and your hubby are is not necessarily the same.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Pretty openly talk about people that are attractive, so it doesn't bother me so much, but I guess it depends how your husband is doing it and how often, does he say things like that and put you down, if so then thats an issue. Maybe you should talk about it together
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• All the time e eryday? That would get old fast. It is disrespectful and just rude.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2013