How long into your labor did you get the Epidural?

I'm going natural this time for baby number 4. Even though I said it my last two pregnancies, I think I can do it this time. Lol
~*34 weeks preggo*~

MommyRinda

Asked by MommyRinda at 10:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• First? Don't remember. Second 4 hours.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I was induced
    Went in at 7am,started pitocin at 8,
    I made it to midnight before i needed it
    My son was born at 5:50 am

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• 36 hours the first time. 35 hours the second time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• First time about 7 hours. (Delivered roughly 6 hours later).
    Second Maybe only 2 (Delivered roughly 5 hours later)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Uh two seconds in haha I was induced at like 1am, water was popped at 9am got the epidural at like 10am, he came at 3pm. With my second I didn't have time for the epidural, I got some other shot in the back that only lasted two hours. From water break to delivery was only an hour n half. I didn't feel the pain, but I still felt sensation, so when I tore down there I felt the tear but it didn't hurt. It was odd.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It was about 9 hours from the time my water broke and 3 1/2 from when they started pitocin b/c I wasn't dilating.....emergency c-section or I wouldn't have had an epidural at all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• 10 hours. I had to have it for my c-section.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• I went about 24 hours before I got the epi. I wanted to go further but the doctors felt I needed to rest. The baby was in a face up position and I was exhausted. They were worried I was not up to pushing out a face up baby... which as it were- I wasn't. lol. Even with the epi. I ended up with c -section after 35 hours or so... and I have to say if I was going to end up with an emergency c I am happy I already had the epi so I did not have to be knocked completely out. It worked out in the end!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• It was different with all of them because my labors were different lengths and I dilated at different paces - at our hospital they go by how far dilated you are. With 1 of them I didn't even have time for an epidural because she was born less than an hour after getting to the hospital. With another I was in labor for 12 hours before they gave it to be because I was dilating soooo slowly - but it never kicked in anyway.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• About 16 hours
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2013