I NEDD HELP ABOUT DHS

Hi there

I need more avise about DHS My DD worker sinde to my husband and I DHS will talk to us and I'm like WHAT ? so I ask my friends about this and they sind that they do this to everone now to make shour the baby is safe . I'M NOT Worried about my baby getting taken away. But did this happen to you guys or NOT ? WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO NOT HAVE YOUR BABY GET TAKEN AWAY FROM DHS ? THIS IS MY FIRST BABY and I feel like i'm doing all the right thing for me and my baby. SO PLZ HELP ME So I can relaxes thank you for your time today

lovebug1224

Asked by lovebug1224 at 5:03 AM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Make sure that you listen to the case worker and correct any issues she says, but in general as long as your child has food in the house, clean clothes, house is safe for the baby meaning, child proofed and clean, somewhere safe to sleep, and an age appropriate car seat if you have a car.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 5:09 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Why do you have a case worker if you're still pregnant with your first child? I don't understand most of your post. Either there's more to the story or you're confused about something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I did not get a call, letter or visit from any agency to make sure my house is baby safe. Someone reported you. Comply with the case worker and be honest about everything. It will only make your case stronger. I think they get a lot of fraudulent calls and showing the case worker that there isn't anything to merit investigation will serve you best.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Okay. After reading through your question again, no, they don't talk to or visit every person that is having a baby. That would be a huge waste of resources. Usually the hospital will have a parenting basics seminar before you leave the hospital. This is where they go over basic info on what to expect for the next few days / weeks, how to put baby down to sleep, remind you several times to NOT shake the baby and then your get to pick a diaper bag compliments of the makers of formula (similar, enfamil, and whatever brand the hospital uses for non breastfed babies). That's about it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• .
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I agree with Quinnmae; the only way DHS/CPS usually gets involved at all is if someone reports you for something. Nowadays, the hospital automatically tests all new borns and mothers for drug usuage, if the child tests positive, CPS is automatically alerted. Just so you know, you do not have to open your door or allow a DHS/CPS workers into your home. Only a police officer with a warrant is allowed to enter and remove a child from the home and only if they are in imminent danger, obviously abused, and or neglected. My family is undergoing abuse by the CPS/DHS system right now. I didn't know this a year ago when two CPS workers walked into my home uninvited and without a warrant and removed my 5 year old granddaughter (who has brain cancer) from my home telling me that it was because my parents and grandparents had a long history of abuse. Agree to meet the worker someplace neutral, ask what her concerns are, then day bye.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2013