Subway foot long not measuring up....

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20130124_Shrunken_Subway_sandwiches_lead_to_two_N_J__lawsuit.html

Frivolous lawsuit or holding a company accountable- you decide

Personally, I love Subway & if we have been shorted that 1 inch, I wouldn't really care. 

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:21 AM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, let's see what else our country has to worry about: gun control laws, equal rights for citizens, health care, disappearing middle class...and Subway shorting their customers by an inch. Frivolous lawsuit.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• GMA measured several live on the show and they all came up to a foot.

@josie ... it the principle of the matter. The advertising says it' is a FOOT long, so it should be a FOOT long. Truth in advertising is what it is all about.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• One more thing, what happened to complaining to the company and maybe bad mouthing it to friends and neighbors? Why does everything have to be taken to court??

Oh that's right .... GREED.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Oh and yes it's a stupid lawsuit
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Yuck, i couldn't eat a footling anyways & who cares the last inch is just bread and toppings anyways lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Dumb.. really dumb.. go back to subway, have them refund your money and don't shop there if you are an unsatisfied customer!!! Duh.. What a no-brainer. Why is that so hard to do. Lawsuit for a darn inch of bread.. What a crock of bologna, oh that's right he didn't get that last taste of bologna, and that is what he is complaining about, his last bite that he was starving for. There are REAL people starving in this country, freezing and dying. And he is looking to sue.. Dumb, and we wonder why prices of stuff go up so high!! It isn't even about principle.. It's about STUPID and greed!! If you are an unsatisfied customer, you go back to the merchant, you don't take it to court!!
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 9:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• LOL my husband suggests that the company advertise that they will give back the 1" of sandwich to those that are suing! LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:26 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I don't know...I suppose in a way, it bothers me - as sometimes I order footlongs because they're cheaper than ordering 2 6 inchers, when I'm getting lunch or dinner for the whole family. So I guess now that I know it would bother me a bit.

But it's a half inch to an inch. I mean, we're talking, what - 2 bites at most? I'm not sure that 2 bites really makes the difference between a full tummy and starvation. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I'm sure that they weigh the dough and measure the toppings, so regardless of what the length of the finished product is, you're getting the same stuff. Maybe for customers who complain, they could use a steamroller to give them extra length on their sandwiches?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Next time I go, I will take my tape measure in.... we'll just see where that extra 1" goes! LOL OMG. Sometimes I get messed up and say 6 ft. instead of 6 inch. Thank God they always correct me... I'd die if they made me a 6 ft. sandwich!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2013