Would you tell the truth

If your kids asked if you like so and so. My son asked if I like one of my family members. I said no I dont. However I am polite to them. My hubby was mad at me for telling the truth,

My kids are 10. They dont spread anything around to other people. I do the same with them. Whatever they say stays with me. 

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 10:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I tell the truth my kids are too smart.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2013

• Maybe it depends on the situation. However, any information would be age appropriate.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• Yes, I really try not to lie to my children. But I'd make sure they know that they don't just go spreading stuff around -- because then others might get upset. My kids have big mouths though, since I really try not to tell them what they CAN and CANNOT tell people. If I don't want them to repeat what I say, most of the time, I just don't say it in front of them.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I would have dodged the question with "they are family" and shrugged. I don;t think children need that kind of input from me JMO
    I will listen to what they have to say and agree or disagree.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2013

• I wouldn't say that I don't like someone, but I wouldn't say "Of course I like them" either. It would be more like "We never really seemed to click" and then use that opportunity to talk about how not everyone is going to like everyone else, but as long as you treat people how you would like to be treated, it is okay.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2013